These are really quick and easy energy bars. They’re good for an after-workout snack and are better work munchies then the candy bowl.
Homemade Bite Size Energy Bars
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2/3 cup pitted dates
- Handful of chocolate chips
- In a blender or food processor, grind up the cashews until they’re fine. Place them in a bowl
- Process the dates until they become smooth. I added a tablespoon of water to help.
- Mix the cashews together with the chocolate chips.
What it looks like mashed together.
Form into mini bars and you’ve got delicious treats!
My boyfriend loves cashews, chocolate, and chocolate chip cookies. I thought, why not try and make a cookie with cashews? I figured that white chocolate would go better with them. Low and behold cashew white chocolate chip cookies are a thing!
I was able to make some sweet cookies from elsbro.com’s blog for Cocoa Cashew White Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I would show you some pictures of what they looked like out of the oven but I forgot to take some before we ate them all.
The recipe calls for salted cashews but I used unsalted. Instead of almond butter I used coconut (that’s what we had).
Cocoa Cashew White Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Click here to view the original recipe)
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil (veg oil)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 Tbsp creamy almond butter (soften in microwave if needed to stir into dough)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup salted/roasted cashew nuts
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips (vegan)
Bake for 11min at 350 degrees.