I’m never hungry first thing in the morning so I usually take something to eat at work. In the past it was something like a bagel and cream cheese or pop-tarts (I convinced myself they were ok because I ate Nature’s Path Organic “Toaster Pastries”).
I decided to find a better breakfast that I could quickly make in the morning.
In my quest I discovered the homemade egg sandwich (seen below).
An Awesome Breakfast in 5 min. or Less
- 1 egg
- Cheese of choice (I used slices of sharp cheddar)
- Broccoli/Spinach/Veggie of choice (optional)
- 2 slices of bread (or bagel, pita wrap, English muffin)
- Crack the egg into a ceramic bowl, stab the yolk, and cover with a plate. Cook it on 50% power for approx. 2 minutes. (If you can’t figure out how to adjust your microwaves power you might explode your first egg, like me).
- While the egg is microwaving toast the bread.
- When the egg is done use the same bowl to steam the broccoli. Place the broccoli in the bowl and cover with a little water. Cook in the microwave for aprox. 2 minutes.
- Layer everything to make a great, quick out-the-door sandwich!